Why Join Neue?
Neue – translation (German to English) = definition: beginning anew and in a transformed way.
Joining Neue means you will be joining team of young go getters who push against the status quo and through their united passion for design, aim to create entirely new and exciting experiences through dynamic lighting.
We draw from the well of knowledge within our diverse team to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and inspire minds. Neue value innovation, sustainability, positivity, and local community just as highly as performance. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at Neue means being empowered to have your voice heard, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
What will you be doing?
As a Design Technologist, you will use the latest tools and techniques to take projects from idea to reality. You take a human-centered approach to development: finding relatable, new ways to use technology, helping others work within technical limits, and building user experiences that improve people’s lives.
We want you to have:
- Openness to new ideas, an eye for detail, and an ability to work successfully with designers.
- 2+ years of professional experience building responsive interfaces for mobile and desktop browsers, working with different kinds of user events, manipulating UI elements, and applying animations/transitions.
- Worked on 1+ production applications using a major MVVM or MVC framework (React, Angular, Vue, etc.) and working with data from an API.
- A solid grasp of programming fundamentals, like OOP, functions, asynchronous execution, and source control.
- A willingness to travel for key collaboration sessions.
Every little bit helps! It would be a bonus if you had:
- Experience with rapid prototyping and creating proof-of-concept demos.
- Knowledge of best practices in areas like accessibility and security.
- Built multiple kinds of frontend applications (i.e., web and mobile).
- Full-stack skills, like coding for the cloud, writing API’s, or working with databases.
- Explored different flavours of technology, like IoT or AR/VR.
- Experience with complex scenarios, like e-commerce, internationalisation, or content management.
- Been part of an agile development team.
- Completed projects within architectural, interior design or lighting sectors.
Equal Opportunities at Lightcore
Neue is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position please email your cover letter, resume, and any relevant links or portfolio to [email protected] and make the title of your application email as Job Title: Applicant Name. Thanks, and good luck!