Why Join Neue?
Neue – translation (German to English) = definition: beginning anew and in a transformed way.
Joining Neue means you will be joining team of young go getters who push against the status quo and through their united passion for design, aim to create entirely new and exciting experiences through dynamic lighting.
We draw from the well of knowledge within our diverse team to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and inspire minds. Neue value innovation, sustainability, positivity, and local community just as highly as performance. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at Neue means being empowered to have your voice heard, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
What will you be doing?
Experience Designers are responsible for the design of digitally enabled products and services. They use their broad skillset across the service, interaction, and visual design domains to work on holistic design solutions, from early-stage idea generation until detailed design of service features and user stories in a digital product.
As an Experience Designer II, you will sometimes be the only experience designer on a program. You are expected to plan, prioritise, and deliver experience design activities autonomously, in the context of interdisciplinary projects. You will lead client conversations within your domain, providing articulate recommendations and helping guide client choices.
Your fellow team members will rely on you to:
- Lead cross-disciplinary analysis of existing solutions and opportunity spaces and drive user understanding among different parties through workshop activities.
- Define digital product and convergent experience concepts in collaboration with the strategy and technology teams.
- Execute the detailed design of defined experiences working across the service components, interaction logins and visual language expression.
- Enable a successful handover of final outcomes to the client through training and documentation.
- Advocate for and pursue cross-disciplinary and convergent opportunity areas for design innovation.
On a typical project you will:
- Understand goals, business requirements and constraints, market opportunities and user need to help define opportunity areas and experience requirements.
- Plan, conduct, and synthesise research, testing and piloting activities with service users, providers, and SMEs.
- Map existing and to-be experiences, across both front and back office and actors involved, through journey maps, blueprints, and ecosystem maps.
- Create digital product and convergent experience concepts together with the team that push the bar for quality in any field/industry.
- Support the definition of new product/service value proposition and implementation roadmaps.
- Create narratives that help tell the story of the work in an impactful way.
- Design wireframes, screens, and prototypes to illustrate product behaviour along defined used cases.
- Document product/service requirements and guidelines for following stages of implementation.
We want you to have:
- 2+ years of professional experience in experience design (although you might have had a different job title, like “UX designer” or “product designer”)
- Highly developed design skills demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work.
- Confident presentation and storytelling abilities.
- Experience collaborating in multifunctional teams.
- Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools and methods.
- Affinity with Neue values, and a passion for creating products that meet peoples functional and emotional needs.
- Business level ability in English.
Every little bit helps! It would be a bonus if you had:
- A university degree in Interaction Design, Visual Communications, Human Computer Interaction, or a related design or behavioural science discipline
- Experience working in a variety of organisations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy)
- Academic, professional, or life experience from outside the design field that enriches your perspective as a designer.
Equal Opportunities at Neue
Neue is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position please email your cover letter, resume, and any relevant portfolio or links to [email protected] and make the title of your application email as Job Title: Applicant Name. Thanks, and good luck!