Why Join Neue?
Neue – translation (German to English) = definition: beginning anew and in a transformed way.
Joining Neue means you will be joining team of young go getters who push against the status quo and through their united passion for design, aim to create entirely new and exciting experiences through dynamic lighting.
We draw from the well of knowledge within our diverse team to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and inspire minds. Neue value innovation, sustainability, positivity, and local community just as highly as performance. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at Neue means being empowered to have your voice heard, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
What will you be doing?
Interaction Designers are responsible for designing the behaviour of interactive products, from overarching interaction models down to detailed micro-interactions. Interaction Designers create the core scaffolding and guidelines (architecture, user flows, navigation models, etc) that shape how people interact with products, and collaborate closely with Visual Designers and Design Technologists to bring these to life in the final product.
As an Interaction Design Intern, you will support teams on client-facing and internal projects. You will learn by doing, with guidance from experienced practitioners, who will help you understand and deliver the interaction design activities assigned to you, in the context of interdisciplinary projects.
Project teams rely on Interaction Designers to:
- Bridge the gap between research insights and tangible concepts.
- Make sense of complex systems or large volumes of data and content and represent them in simplified models.
- Refine concepts into meaningful narratives that speak to business opportunities, technical feasibility and organisation set up.
- Identify the right interaction patterns to apply in each context.
- Collaborate fluidly with visual designers and developers.
On a typical project you will support activities including:
- Understand the goals, business requirements and constraints for the project.
- Help to translate business requirements into user stories.
- Conduct secondary research, including trend benchmarking and competitor analysis.
- Create frameworks such as customer journeys, service blueprints or ecosystem maps based on inputs from research.
- Define and prioritise opportunity areas and then translating them into concepts.
- Design wireframes, user flow diagrams and application maps
- Create and test interactive prototypes.
- Document interaction guidelines
- Prioritise MVP features and build a backlog.
- Support the definition of roadmaps in collaboration with strategy and technology teams.
We want you to have:
- Recently completed, or will complete within 1 year, a university degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, or a related design or behavioural science discipline
- A robust practical and theoretical grounding in interaction design through your studies
- Well-developed core design skills demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work.
- Willingness to quickly learn and grow your design skills on the job.
- Ability to present and clearly explain your work to others.
- Experience collaborating in multifunctional teams.
- Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools and methods
- Affinity with Neue values, and a passion for creating products that meet peoples’ functional and emotional needs.
- Business level ability in English
Every little bit helps! It would be a bonus if you had:
- Experience working in a variety of organisations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy)
- Academic, professional, or life experience from outside the design field that enriches your perspective as a designer.
Equal Opportunities at Neue
Neue is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position please email your cover letter, resume, and any relevant portfolio or links to [email protected] and make the title of your application email as Job Title: Applicant Name. Thanks, and good luck!