Why Join Neue?
Neue – translation (German to English) = definition: beginning anew and in a transformed way.
Joining Neue means you will be joining team of young go getters who push against the status quo and through their united passion for design, aim to create entirely new and exciting experiences through dynamic lighting.
We draw from the well of knowledge within our diverse team to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and inspire minds. Neue value innovation, sustainability, positivity, and local community just as highly as performance. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at Neue means being empowered to have your voice heard, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
What will you be doing?
As Program Management Intern, you will support team leadership on client-facing and internal projects. You will learn by doing, with guidance from experienced practitioners, who will help you understand and deliver the interaction design activities assigned to you, in the context of interdisciplinary projects.
Project teams rely on Program Managers to:
- Lead the program management process, including contracts, program organisation, resourcing, plan development, scope management, and risk mitigation.
- Build trust with clients, managing their expectations with confidence and professionalism.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams, both inside and outside of Neue.
- Proactively and clearly communicate status, risks, and issues internally and with clients.
- Manage program budgets.
- Maintain appropriate program documentation related to deliverables, schedule, and budget.
- Aid in the ongoing evolution of the Program Management discipline within Neue.
- Enable Neue teams to do the best work of their career.
On a typical project you will support activities including:
- Understand the activities, deliverables, dependencies, and timeline of the program as outlined in the Statement of Work (SOW).
- Create and maintain processes for supporting the team through their work on the program activities and deliverables.
- Assist in creating a reporting cadence (both internally and externally), updating regularly with new developments and changes.
- Document risks and mitigation plans, updating the relevant parties on a regular basis.
- Maintain financial reporting and tracking, updating internal stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Organise deliverables and other program documentation across various tools leveraged by the program team.
- Engage in constant communication and collaboration with all project stakeholders, internal and external.
We want you to have:
- Recently completed, or will complete within 1 year, a university degree
- Strong organisational, written, and verbal communication skills coupled with responsiveness and follow-through on details.
- A foundational understanding of Agile project management methodologies and best practices.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and enable cohesiveness across diverse individual skills and styles.
- Ability and desire to solve problems and look for opportunities for improvement.
- Business-level fluency in English.
Every little bit helps! It would be a bonus if you had:
- Experience with a client services organisation, working in a client facing role with a passion for human-centered design.
- Experience working with an Agile team in design and delivery.
- Empathy for those we design for.
Equal Opportunities at Neue
Neue is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position please email your cover letter, resume, and any relevant portfolio or links to [email protected] and make the title of your application email as Job Title: Applicant Name. Thanks, and good luck!